Go to top of page
Close
 
Close
Modern Heart and Vascular Institute

Caney Railroad Station

Caney Railroad Station



Caney Station - New Caney, TX



In 1877, the East and West Texas railroad had arrived to the New Caney area, and imports and exports thrived, in particular through livestock trade.

To accommodate the new railroad, a new Train Depot was built and named "Caney Station." This was one of the first of the town's landmarks to take on the "Caney" moniker, which eventually lead to the town being renamed from Presswood to New Caney. The Caney Station itself was built close to Caney Creek, because the steam locomotives needed a steady source of water to power the steam-based vehicles.




Old photo of steam locomotive passing through the New Caney area



Read more about New Caney >>







TACHUS




Kingwood Perfect Smiles Logo Kingwood Emergency Hospital Logo 713 Painting Services Logo Law Office of Bryan Fagan, P.L.L.C. Logo A Pro Master Electric Logo TACHUS Logo Madd Air-Heating and Cooling  Logo Kingwood Spaces Logo ABC & 123 Learning Center Logo Designed By Kelly Logo K's Autohaus Logo Yard Birds, Inc. Logo
Sponsor an Ad »



TownHub